We always have enough to be happy if we are enjoying what we do have- and not worrying about what we don't have.

- Ken Keyes

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A February winter storm....BRRRRR.....

It is so funny because living in Utah my whole life you would think that I would remember winter is still going on in February. :) The weather has been so nice out and feels like spring that when we get hit with a nasty storm I wonder what is going on. Ha ha! Today was really, really windy and on the way home from work the wind was just batting me all over the place. Michael and I had to run some errands after work and while we were heading to the store we passed one of the local gas stations. The canopy covering the gas pumps was just rocking back and forth - it was nuts. I was just glad I wasn't under the canopy filling my car up with gas, I would have freaked out thinking the canopy was going to come crashing down. We went into the store and came out maybe 15 minutes later and the wind was just a blowing and it was snowing! The more we drove the more snow seemed to come down. We got home and unloaded the car - while unloading the car we were just covered in snow. The storm moved in so fast and it just poured down on us. We woke up in the morning to a bunch of snow on the lawns and a freezing cold morning. We have just been having a typical February winter storm. :)
I guess we are all just getting so excited for spring - we are just trying to push winter right on through. We will just have to wrap up in our jackets and wait a few more weeks for spring to hit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment