We always have enough to be happy if we are enjoying what we do have- and not worrying about what we don't have.

- Ken Keyes

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Holly's Winter Dance Recital

Can I just say I have the most talented nieces ever! Saturday was Holly's winter dance recital at Bountiful High. We all decided that it would be fun to go to dinner before the recital, so we all met up at the Texas Roadhouse for some grub. Michael and I got to sit across from Alli and Holly and so it was fun to tease with them. Holly was being all weird because she was embarrassed to be in her outfit. She thought everyone was gong to look at her weird. She is so crazy! :) Alli got this really yummy looking raspberry lemonade - it was a frozen lemonade so it was like a slushy! Totally going to have to try that next time I go there. It looked sooooo good. We had a fun dinner with them and then we went to the school for the recital.
Holly has been dancing with this company for quite a few years and she is getting better and better every year we go. I watch her up on stage and holy moly she is so flexible and she makes it looks so fun! I am so proud to say she is my niece! :) While the recital was going on Taytum kept coming down and sitting with me. I kept tickling her and teasing her. I got Holly a big package of gum from Costco and some flowers to say congratulations! Taytum kept getting into the gum and saying "1 more piece." She would chew the gum for a minute and then swallow it and want more. Ha ha! I had to hide the gum from her so that she didn't eat all of Holly's treat. She is such a little stinker! It was cute thought because when Holly got up to dance Taytum was just enthralled at watching Holly dance.

ok, so this isn't the greatest picture but I thought it was cute. This is Holly after the dance while we were getting ready to go home. She has a cute look on her face I think. I couldn't resist - I had to put this picture on here. She is such a cutie.

Here is Holly and I. I thought she did an awesome job and she is so talented. I just love Holly to pieces.

Holly right before we were leaving. She is just so cute! I think she is alot like me in the sense that she doesn't' like to be the center of attention. I get embarrassed when people are making a big deal about me and putting me in the center and I think Holly is the same way. :) She is my buddy!!! Thanks Holly for making this such a fun day for us! We had a blast at your recital and we look forward to the next!
WE LOVE YOU HOLLY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment