We always have enough to be happy if we are enjoying what we do have- and not worrying about what we don't have.

- Ken Keyes

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tye Shot A Deer!

This year over the deer hunt Tye was the only one to shoot a deer!! Way to go Tye!!!!! I was happy to hear that he got one. This was the first year that Tye got to pack and he got his very first deer. I think he was pretty excited from what it sounded like. Tye was making me laugh before the hunt. I was asking him what he would do if he got a deer because he doesn't know how to gut a deer. Tye just laughed at me and told me that he would take his handy handbook and read how to gut a deer up on the hill. Ha ha! It was hilarious! He also told me that if he got a deer he was going to make all the meat into jerky and steaks! Tye LOVES meat so this was his plan. Well Tye ended up a getting a deer and I think he is going to turn it all into jerky. He is also going to boil the head and mount it to a plaque.
From what my brothers said there is nothing like shooting your first deer. We are all way excited for him for his deer. This deer hunt Tye got to stay the whole time and he was pretty excited about that too! I am glad that they all had fun hunting this year. I felt bad for Michael because he got sick and he wasn't able to go. He was pretty bummed because he was really looking forward to going. I guess next year they will all have to go again and maybe they can all get a deer! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment