We always have enough to be happy if we are enjoying what we do have- and not worrying about what we don't have.

- Ken Keyes

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 23 Thankful For Snow Tires

I am thankful for snow tires! Living in Utah means that for a few months out of the year we get snow storms, and with those snow storms brings bad roads to drive on. I hate driving in the snow. I get so nervous but with snow tires it at least makes it bearable. I love to be able to get in my car and know that I have good tires that will help me not slide all over the place. I am not saying that when you have snow tires that you WON'T slide, but you have a better chance of not sliding all over the place. A few years ago I was driving to work in a really bad snow storm and I hit some ice and my car totally spun around in 360 degree circle. It was so scary and I was just shaking. That is one of the reasons I hate to drive in snow because of things like that, but with snow tires it helps to ease the pain a little!

We got hit with a snow storm last night and so this mornings commute was pretty slick and slow. The plows had tried to keep the roads all plowed, but it was so cold that the snow just stuck to the road and the plows couldn't keep them all cleared up. Luckily this morning on my way to work my tires worked great and I didn't slide - not once!! WAHOO!!! What a wonderful day! Thank you snow tires for doing your job and making life a little easier for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment