I am thankful for wrapping paper and for the fun that it brings to a gift. I think it is so fun to wrap presents and watch people open the gifts. Michael is just a kid at heart and he loves to open presents. So I love to be able to tease him with his gifts by wrapping them and placing them around so that he can see the wrapped package! :) He just dies to know what is inside those fun wrapped packages. I remember as a kid it was so much fun to go out on Christmas morning and see all the gifts under the tree wrapped in all different colors. There is nothing more exciting than ripping the wrapping paper off a present to reveal what is inside! :) I think that by wrapping gifts its brings the child out in all of us. My grandpa Miller was really funny when it came to opening presents and wrapping paper. He could never just rip the paper he had to pull out his knife and slowly cut the take so he kept the paper it tact! It drove me NUTS! He
wanted to save and use the paper again!

Its funny because when I was younger I LOVED to wrap the presents for my mom. I would pretend that I worked in a department store and I was wrapping the gifts for the customers. It was so much fun. I loved being able to decorate each present and give each present it's own personality. One Christmas we went out to the gifts under the tree and they were all wrapped, but none of the packages had a name on it. They all had these long numbers and all of us kids were like what the heck? My parents had numbered each present and put a list of the numbers on paper and by each number was the name of the person that the gift belonged to. It was so much fun and it made opening the gifts last
alot longer! I am just thankful for the fun that we can have with gifts all because of the invention of wrapping paper! I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment