My siblings all love to come over and have dinner when I make it. Not to brag or anything.... but they all say I am a really good cook. :) Michael really likes my cooking and tells me all the time how grateful he is that I know how to cook and that we don't have to live off frozen foods. I laugh because I hear all the time how alot of people just don't know how to cook or bake - it is a lost art. Alot of people have to live off frozen foods and eating out all the time. I am thankful that we don't have to live that way. I enjoy cooking and spending my time in the kitchen - plus the food is usually really, really good! :)
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Day 16 Thankful For My Cooking Skills
I am so thankful that I know how to cook. I was raised by a mother who is an excellent cook and I learned alot from her. When I was younger and growing up I would make alot of the meals because I just love to be in the kitchen. My parents were so willing to let me make the meals and spend as much time in the kitchen as I wanted and for that I am thankful. I love to try new recipes - they don't always turn out to be as good as they sound, but it is fun to try them out. I have found some way yummy recipes over the years and I have found some pretty nasty recipes over the years as well. Michael is a good sport and he will try these recipes with me. It was funny because just last week I found a recipe for Poppy seed chicken and it sounded really easy and really good. I made it and we threw it in the oven to cook and we were so anxious to try it out. It was NASTY! It really had no flavor - we each took a bite and we looked at each other and both said YUCK! We ended up eating cold cereal for dinner that night. Ha ha! Another time we saw a recipe for a warm spinach salad - it looked and sounded really good. We made this warm spinach salad for dinner with my parents. My dad took a bite and spite it out and said he was done. He found something else to eat. That made Michael and I nervous, but we thought we need to try it. Michael took a bite and spite it out. I ate a couple of bites and said I was done. It was really gross. My mom had 5 plate fulls and then said later that it was really nasty. Ha ha! We make fun of her because she kept eating it. She claims it was because she was really hungry and there was nothing else to eat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment