Thursday, November 11, 2010
Day 11 Thankful For Eye Doctors And Glasses
When I was younger I hated to wear my glasses and I would hide them so I didn't have to wear them. I honestly thought that I could see and I didn't think I needed to wear glasses. I remember this one time I went to the eye doctor with my parents and the doctor had me read the sign. I was reading off the letters and I guess I missed most of the letters. He told my parents that my eyesight was really bad. I was like no way, I can see. My parents even asked the doctor what they could do to make me wear my glasses. The doctor just told them to not make me wear the glasses and to just let me do what I wanted. He told them that when it came time for me to get my drivers license that I would then need to wear them. So sure enough when it came time to go get my drivers license I failed the eye test. I was DEVASTATED! My dad being the awesome guy that he is took to me to the eye doctor and I got some contacts. I wore contacts for numerous years and then I decided that wearing the contacts made my eyes hurt and I switched to glasses and I have been wearing classes ever since. It is funny how now after wearing contacts and glasses when I take them off I CANNOT see. Imagine that....the doctor was right!! I couldn't see!! Ha ha! I am so thankful for those that have developed glasses so those of us that have a hard time seeing are able to see the beauties of the earth! :-) People are always telling me that I should get Lasik, but I am a big chicken! I know that if I do it I will be the 1 person in a million that goes blind. So for now....GLASSES IT IS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment