We always have enough to be happy if we are enjoying what we do have- and not worrying about what we don't have.

- Ken Keyes

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Crafts With The Girls

We had an eventful weekend with Aaron and Trent's girls. Aaron and Angie went to St. George for the weekend to see ABBA mania so Michael and I went to my parents house to help watch the kids. We went over on Friday night after work and we had Alli's favorite, we had spaghetti for dinner. We cleaned up and went downstairs and watched the movie "Watcher in the woods". The girls said it wasn't scary, but they sure were jumpy. :) After the movie we watched another movie "Penelope" it was such a cute show. Taytum fell asleep and Alli crashed and burned as well. After the movie Michael and I went to bed. Not Holly though, she stayed up until 1 AM watching movies - She is crazy! :)
We got up in the morning and made breakfast. While we were making breakfast Trent's girls Courtney and Katelyn came over to do crafts. We thought it would be fun to have the girls over to make some cute little reindeer's that poop out Cocoa-Roos. They made these reindeer for their friends for Christmas. The kids were so excited to come and do crafts. We let each of the girls use their own low heat glue guns. They thought that was pretty fun. Poor Courtney burned her hand and had a pretty big blister on her palm . She said it didn't' hurt that bad, but I only think she said that because she was afraid we wouldn't let her use the glue guns anymore. They each made a bunch of Reindeer's and they all turned out really cute. Each of the girls are so creative. Each of the reindeer that they made had their own personality. I loved how cute they turned out. The girls were having fun laughing and hanging out with their cousins. Courtney is just hilarious, she was telling us jokes the whole time. I can totally see her dad in her. She is so funny!!! The older girls were making their reindeer and Taytum wanted to make one too. So I helped Taytum make a reindeer that pooped out fruit loops. She carried her reindeer all over with her. She thought it was so fun to do the crafts with the big girls.

Taytum was hanging onto her reindeer the whole time. She didn't let her deer out of her sight.

After we finished up the deer Courtney and Alli went into the front room to sit at the piano and play some music. They saw the music from Man of La Mancha and they both started giggling. They told us they were laughing because their dads sing the music all the time. They sat in there and played the piano and sang some songs. Courtney is AMAZING on the piano!
We finally got the girls back into the kitchen so we could make some cute flower clips for your hair. The kids loved making these flower clips. They made them look so cute and they are so creative. They each made a bunch of flower clips for themselves and for their friends. When we got done with the flowers the girls put them in their hair so we could have some Kodak moments. They had so many flowers in their hair it looked like they were wearing the old swimming caps that the ladies used to wear back in the day.
Courtney and Alli showing off their cute bows and showing us their cute faces!

Katelyn and Holly showing off their cute bows and being Egyptians.

The girls were just being silly and doing silly things. Alli and Courtney were playing with the skeletons. Who knew you could have so much fun with a Halloween decoration.

Katelyn and Holly playing dead. They girls get together and they just have so much fun and they get so silly!

More pictures of Alli and Courtney playing with the skeletons.

The girls thought it would be so much fun to build a people pyramid. My mom and I got nominated to be part of the pyramid and to be on the bottom. Those girls are so heavy on your back when you do these. They were laughing so hard they were struggling to build the pyramid. Just when we thought we had the pyramid made the girls would tip over and the pyramid would fall. This is about as good as we could get on our pyramid.

The girls showing off there beautiful flowers. They are such cute girls! I just love them all so much! :) They are just a bunch of dorks! That is why I love them so much.


Courtney with her favorite reindeer that she made and also wearing the beautiful flowers she made.

Katelyn in her flower shower looking cap and her favorite reindeer.

Alli and her favorites - I'm totally digging the face she's pulling.

Holly with her cute creative deer and her beautiful flowers in her hair.

I think the girls all had a fun time hanging out together and doing crafts. I know I had a blast with them. They are so much fun to be with and spend time with. I love my weekends that I get to spend with them. They have way more fun with me than I do with them! :) Ha ha! Just ask them!

No comments:

Post a Comment