We always have enough to be happy if we are enjoying what we do have- and not worrying about what we don't have.

- Ken Keyes

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Random Kodak Moments At Universal Studios

Now anyone that knows Michael and I will know that we never pass up a opportunity for a Kodak moment! Ha! ha! I am very seldom seem without my camera. You never know when you are going to need it. I love to go on vacation and take pictures. I am not big on souvenirs - I would rather take pictures to scrapbook them and savor our memories. :) So we took lots of pictures of our fun days at Universal Studios in Hollywood, California.
The lower lot of Universal Studios has some great rides. One of my favorite rides was the Mummy Returns ride. It was SOOOOOO much fun. It wasn't a very long ride, but it was really, really fast. You started out a little slow in a mine cart and they stopped you at a screen that was in the shape of a circle and the some guy from the Mummy tells you that you will never return and then his face turns to sand and blows away. Then you shoot off really fast and you go on a roller coaster in the dark at a high speed. Then you suddenly stop and they show the bugs from the mummy all over the walls and they start shooting air at you so it feels like you have bugs crawling all over you. Then all of a sudden the roller coaster starts up again and you go backwards at a high speed. It was AWESOME!!! We rode that ride 3 or 4 times in a row. Michael wasn't a big fan of the ride - he gets motion sick sometimes and this ride kinda got to him. My dad and I LOVED it. It was so much fun! It was nice because dad had one of those motorized carts and that got us right to the front of the line every time. It was really nice not to have to wait in lines. :)
They had these huge Mummy characters all over outside the Mummy ride. They were pretty cool. They made me feel so small.

Michael found this shock chair that he wanted to try out. You sit in the chair and you hold onto the handles and the more you hold the more shocks it gives you. He said the shocks weren't too bad he said it was basically just vibration on the handles. He was being a little dramatic for the picture! ha ha! :-)

It was fun to go into the stores because they had lots of different wigs and masks to try on. I saw this Marj Simpson Wig and I just couldn't resist. I am thinking I should definitely go blue the next time I get my hair done. I guess I need a new style too. I think the Marj Simpson wig makes me look hot!

When we came out of the Terminator ride they had a store that you had to walk through to get out of the building. This store was more of the Star wars geek type store. They had all kinds of Star Wars stuff for sale. They even had this nifty Storm Trooper costume/statue thing. What you would want to do with this is beyond me. But it sure made a fun kodak moment. I am not much of a Star Wars fan so I don't quite get the fascination.

They also had some really cool alien masks. I am thinking it's my look. What you think? Pretty sexy right?

Because they have the Terminator ride, they have to have the Motorcycle from the show. I think Michael makes a cuter terminator than Arnold Schwarzenegger It was funny because on the Terminator ride they have a live action fight going on that we got to see and be a part of. It wasn't scary by any means, but the graphics were pretty cool. They had the chairs drop like you are going down an elevator and once the chair moved my mom started screaming. It was HILARIOUS! I don't think there was a single ride that we went on that my mom didn't scream. You just can't take her anywhere I tell you.

More fun hats to try on! Woody Woodpecker! I think the hat has character!

They had this cute chef outside one of the restaurants. I so wanted to go back to the restaurant to get my picture with the chef. All of the characters and statues they had around were just cute and fun. Bon Appetite?

My mom and I outside one of the hamburger joints. Isn't the little guy holding the burger cute? I thought these things were just so cute. I could have walked around and looked at these cute little guys all day. Burger anyone? How about some fries?

Mom, Michael and I back at the cute restaurant with the cute little Italian chef.

Dad, mom and myself with the Despicable Me Characters. I have never seen the show, but it looks really cute. I want to see it. It was just another photo opportunity.

Flinstones...meet the Flinstones! Michael and I being Fred and Wilma!

Universal is such a fun place - it is like a Disneyland for adults! ha ha! We had so much fun I am glad we spent a couple of days there. We were able to see everything and do everything without being rushed. So many fun things to do and so many fun things to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment