John Call a family friend always talked to my dad bout Tommy's Hamburgers and how good they are. John told my dad that the next time they went to
California they had to stop in at Tommy's. He talked about Tommy's for years and so my dad really wanted to stop in and try them out. We just had to see what all the hype was about. We had the
afternoon to kill after we flew in and checked into our Condo, so we looked them up and went to Tommy's for lunch. We pulled up and it was just a little hamburger drive through joint. They had tables for people to sit on outside, but no indoor seating. We went up and ordered our food and decided to eat outside and enjoy the nice warm weather. They didn't have a whole lot on the menu, but they did have a few things. I guess they are most famous for there burgers
because they put Chili on the burger along with all sorts of other sides if you want. I am a pretty boring eater,
because I just ordered a plan J
ane hamburger with no chili. Just the lettuce, ketchup, mustard, pickles and cheese. Nothing to
glamorous. I ordered a side of the cheese fries - they were a little interesting. They had the fries and they just put a piece of American cheese on it and melted it. It was good but nothing to write home about. All of us thought it was good, but we couldn't quite see what all the excitement was about for going there.
It is one of those things we can cross off our bucket list of things we have wanted to do. We are glad we went, but we probably won't go back. :-)
Mom and dad in front of the Tommy's sign - aren't they just cute?

Michael and I hanging out in front of Tommy's.

Mom, Michael and I taking advantage of a
Kodak moment! We love the camera. I am sure all the people driving by were thinking what a bunch of nerds! :-) ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment