We always have enough to be happy if we are enjoying what we do have- and not worrying about what we don't have.

- Ken Keyes

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial day weekend here we come......

It was an interesting Memorial Day weekend this year. I think this is the first year that we haven't gone camping or out of town as a family. Everyone has been so busy lately that we all decided to pretty much just do our own thing. Aaron took Angie out of town and asked if we would watch their kids for the weekend. We didn't hesitate at all! We were so excited to be able to watch the kids and get to spend time with them.
On Saturday morning we went over to their house to let the fun weekend begin. Aaron and Angie left and we took the girls to the store to get a bunch of junk food and treats. I mean that is what you do when you hang out with Michael and I, we spoil the kids and let them get the treats of their choice. The girls were so funny though, we took them to the store and all of a sudden they became all shy and wouldn't say what they wanted. I had to basically drag it out of them what they wanted. I was giving them a hard time and teasing them for being all shy. Holly says to me, "when you go with your friends mom do you tell her what you want? " I said Holly I am not your friends mom....I'm your aunt silly. It was funny we were just laughing.
After getting treats we drove up to Trent and Marci's house to hang out and let the kids play. we were going to go to the park with them but the clouds kept rolling in and we weren't sure we wanted to be at the park if it started pouring. Trent called and asked if we just wanted to come up to their house and let the girls play and Marci would make spaghetti for lunch.
The kids had lots of fun - Taytum thought she was so big. She was able to stand up and look out the window and she was able to play with Sadie's kitchen set. It was so cute. At one point she went to the kitchen set and pulled the nozzle off the sink and brought it over and said "boke, it boke". It was so cute.

Taytum was also having a fun time sliding down the slide that was just her size. She thought the slide was the funnest thing ever. She would run to the slide and go down it and yell out "wheeeeeeeeee", and then stand up and clap her hands. She was having the time of her life.

Marci made chicken nuggets for Sadie and Taytum. They thought they were so yummy and they were just so big sitting at their own little table. I was surprised that they stayed at the table to eat there lunch. It is always so much fun to play with and have lunch with your cousin.

The little ones had chicken nuggets while the older ones got to have spaghetti. Alli's all time favorite! I have never met someone that loves pasta more than Alli. The girls always love to get together and hang out. They had such a fun time talking and playing.

After lunch the kids all wanted to have a dreamcicle. Taytum was big and she got to have her very own dreamcicle. She sure make a mess, she was covered with it. But hey at least she had fun eating it.

We stayed at Trent's house for a few hours and then we left and we took the girls to the castle park. The castle park was so much fun, we didn't stay long but it was sure neat. The outside of it looks just like a castle and then you go inside and there is all kinds of fun stuff for the kids to do.

Courtney was telling Alli all about the park and how she loved the big red old person swing. Ha! Ha! Taytum was so lucky to have Alli push her in the big red swing known as the old person swing according to Courtney.

Then we had Holly who was showing us how swinging is really done. She was pumping her legs so fast and hard that she was way high up in the air. I used to love swinging like that when I was a little girl.

After a little bit at the park the girls decided they were done and wanted to go. The park wasn't as much fun as it could have been because they didn't' have their cousins with them, but they still did have fun.
After the park we took the girls to El Matador and the food was good, but Taytum was so naughty. She was so tired and that seemed to make it worse. She was throwing her sippy cup with straw on the floor, screaming and climbing all over the place. Alli was so embarrassed. It was kinda funny now that I look back on it, but now I see why Aaron and Angie don't like to take her out. She is a WILD WOMAN! After dinner we took the girls home and just watched movies and hung out! It was a blast!!!
On Sunday we sluffed church and took the girls to Temple Square. Holly decided to wear some shoes that grandma gave her, and the second we started walking around she realized how uncomfortable the shoes were and how much they hurt her feet. She had to take her shoes off to walk around. And of course Alli being the big sister had to say "told you so." It was funny.

We just walked around and enjoyed the beauty of Temple Square and the weather was so nice. It was fun to see the Salt Lake Temple replica that was on display. It was pretty cool. I think the girls had fun.

The girls showed me where all the brides go to have their picture taken so the temple is in the background. I had no idea where the stand was that they take the picture on, but the girls showed me. I have lived here my whole life and been to temple square I don't know how many times and I never knew this is where the brides would go. They just thought they were Miss Smarty Pants! :)

After Temple square we went back to their house and made dinner. We invited grandma and grandpa over to have dinner with us and have steak. That was the girls choice to have steak - it was so good. Grandma and grandpa left and we went down and played the WII and watched some movies.
While watching the movies and playing the games Taytum wanted no one else but Michael. She had her new buddy and she wasn't about to leave his side.

We had a really fun time watching the girls. The weekend went by way fast and we just played and had lots and lots of fun. We sure love the girls and look forward to the next time we get to spend some time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment