We always have enough to be happy if we are enjoying what we do have- and not worrying about what we don't have.

- Ken Keyes

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

For Christmas every year we spend it with my parents. We will sleep over at their house on Christmas Eve since we don't have any kids yet. We just consider my parents as the kids! :) We do a Christmas stocking for them every year with silly little things in then. Nothing big, but silly things for them to open. My mom gets so excited to open gifts so we find whatever we can to meet her childish needs. :) We thought it would be funny to wrap up the gag gift that I received from my work party, so I wrapped up some pig's feet for her and as you can tell from the picture below she was REALLY impressed.


Yum, yum...I think she is really tempted and thinking that she wants to try them out. She just puts on a front that they aren't good. :)

My Dad is really admiring his little toy shotgun that we got him so that he can go bird hunting this year. We were just thinking of him - his poor ankle is all bummed up and he can't go out hunting. So why not bring the hunting home to him?
After opening stockings we had a yummy breakfast filled with eggs, bacon, hash browns, and O.J. Dad always makes a yummy breakfast - too bad it can't always be Christmas morning. After breakfast this year while mom and dad went around and visited all the family Michael and I decided to go home and work on our Christmas gift to ourselves. We don't like to buy a bunch of stuff for each other, we would prefer to get something for the house or redo something in the house. So this year we decided that we would redo our bedroom.

So we went home and as you can tell from my beauty that we decided to not get ready for the day and to just get going. So away we went - we went home and we started painting. Michael did all the rollering and I did all the cutting in and touch up work. We decided to go from a light pale pink color on the walls to brown and blue. I love the brown and blues together, I think they are just fun. So we painted about 1/2 the day on Christmas. We had a really good time together. We really enjoy working on projects together.
The day after Thanksgiving we had actually gone to RC Willey and got a new bedroom set and then we went to Lowe's to get some Pergo wood flooring. Once the painting was done we began to work on putting in the flooring. I use the "WE" word very lightly, I should say Michael began working on the flooring. My older brother Trent came over and showed Michael how to do the floors and he came over many nights to help us work on the detail work and the corners. Once the flooring was completed we were able to go and pick up our bedding from RC Willey.

We love our new bedroom set and we like to look at the work we did. We are pretty proud of ourselves for being able learn how to do the work to make our home just the way we want it.

Michael did a really good job on the flooring, and we just absolutely love having wood floors. It is so easy to keep clean and always looks fresh.
We had a really nice and fun Christmas! I know who would think that working on Christmas would be fun. Maybe the work portion wasn't that great....but the after effects were so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment