Josh loves to do crafts so Josh and I spent quite a bit of time working on crafts. I let him make some foamy animal puppets. He would put them together and then I would glue the eyes on. If I forgot to put the eyes on them he was sure to tell me that I needed to get them put on. He spent hours making these puppets. He has a really good attention span for some things and crafts is one of those things. He also has to be the one doing the work. He liked me to stand there with him - but he is the one who wanted to do all the work. He would tell me I needed to just watch. We had a good time together making some crafts together.


While we were making puppets Sam was waking around the house getting into things. He kept getting into the cupboards so we put a bunch of kid friendly things in the bottom drawers for him to play with. He had a great time just playing by himself and getting into things. This worked out good because Josh could do his thing without Sam getting into the middle of it and making Josh mad.
Poor little Sam had a nasty cold and so when we put him down to bed he wanted to be held. We would hold him for a little bit for him to settle down and for him to get drowsy. Once he was a little drowsy he would just lay down and go to bed without a fuss. He can be such a cuddle bug.

Josh and Sam like to take tubbies together. My parents had tried to bath them separately in the kitchen sink the day before and Josh didn't like that at all. He wanted to take a tubbie in the big tub with his brother Sam. Some of the time Josh liked having Sam around - but it had to be on Josh's terms.

Josh and Sam like to take tubbies together. My parents had tried to bath them separately in the kitchen sink the day before and Josh didn't like that at all. He wanted to take a tubbie in the big tub with his brother Sam. Some of the time Josh liked having Sam around - but it had to be on Josh's terms.
After dinner one of the nights my parents wanted us to give the kids a bath while they cleaned up the dishes from dinner. We took they boys into the bathroom to get them ready to get in the tubbie. I got the water running and I went into the other room to get some toys for the boys to play with. While I was gathering up toys I heard Michael yell out - I went running into the bathroom to find out what was the matter. It was HILARIOUS!! There Michael was taking Josh's diaper off and his diaper was full of sticky poop!! Ha ha! I helped Michael get Josh cleaned up and went to finish getting the toys. I hear another holler and I go back in and there Michael is holding Sam trying to take his diaper off and it is full of sticky poop! They both had these nasty poopy diapers! Ha ha! We got Sam cleaned up and in the tubbie. The boys were sliding around and playing in the water. They were having a good time. While in the tub Josh's selfishness came out again and he wouldn't let Sam play with any of the toys. He was being a stinker! Sam didn't seem to mind he started playing with the bubbles and he was just as content as could be. So they kids are playing and having a good time and then all of a sudden Josh starts laughing and says "I tinkled in the water!" Then he starts laughing some more!! YUCK!! He peed in the water. They had a fun time playing in the tubbie! Oh the joys of being a child and your excitement for the day is playing in the tubbie with bubbles!! Sounds good to me!



We let them play for awhile and then we pulled them out of the water to get them ready for bed. Michael got Sam all dressed and ready for bed and he let me fight with Josh to get his Jammie's on. Josh was running around the front room naked - he was laughing so hard. I finally got him pinned down and got his diaper on and after much struggling and giggles I got his Jammie's on. He then kept running around and taking them off. We spent a good 1/2 hour playing keep the Jammie's on. He would unzip them and take part off and run around. I would catch him and fix his Jammie's and zip them up. He would run away and unzip and take part off and around and around we went for a bit. He would have played this game for about a 1/2 hour I think. :) I finally sat in the chair and said no more. :)



We let them play for awhile and then we pulled them out of the water to get them ready for bed. Michael got Sam all dressed and ready for bed and he let me fight with Josh to get his Jammie's on. Josh was running around the front room naked - he was laughing so hard. I finally got him pinned down and got his diaper on and after much struggling and giggles I got his Jammie's on. He then kept running around and taking them off. We spent a good 1/2 hour playing keep the Jammie's on. He would unzip them and take part off and run around. I would catch him and fix his Jammie's and zip them up. He would run away and unzip and take part off and around and around we went for a bit. He would have played this game for about a 1/2 hour I think. :) I finally sat in the chair and said no more. :)

Sam came walking over and wanted to be held. So I was holding Sam and tickling him and we were having so much fun. Josh wanted to be part of the fun so he came over and sat with me too. They were just my fun little cuddle bugs for a little bit. They are both so darn cute you can't help but just love them.



After sitting and cuddling for a little bit Josh decided he wanted to go and "toot". He likes to play the WII game Link, it is a fun game where you can shoot targets and animals. So Josh left me to go and sit with Grandpa to play the "toot" game. He cannot pronounce Shoot yet and so when he says shoot it sounds like he is saying "toot". It is really cute, he will play this game for hours with grandpa.

I was taking a break and just hanging out while Josh was "tooting" with grandpa and Sam was sitting with Grandma. It was nice to sit and relax for a few minutes. Chasing Josh around wore me out there for a few minutes. He is so full of energy! :)

We put Sam down to bed and went downstairs with Josh for a little bit to watch a movie. While watching the movie Josh wanted to do a puzzle. Josh and I sat doing the puzzle for about 2 hours. He loved doing the puzzle - it made him feel so big. He does a good job at remembering where the pieces go. We had a good time - after doing the puzzle we told him it was time to go to bed. He just cried and cried and cried. He didn't want to go to bed he wanted to stay up and play with the puzzle. We told him we would work on the puzzle the next day and that he needed to go to bed. He went to bed but first thing in the morning he wanted to work on the puzzle. :) He remembered! We were working on the puzzle the next morning and Sam would walk near us and Josh would get mad and say "no baby!" He would kinda pick up / push Sam out of the way. He wanted the puzzle time all to himself. :)
It was so much fun spending time with the boys! We had a really fun and great weekend with them. We just love them all so much!!!! Thanks Josh and Sam for such a fun weekend!! We love you!


No comments:
Post a Comment