Christmas day was full of all kinds of fun and excitement. Shannan got a new WII game called Just Dance 2 and so that night we were trying the game out and playing. While playing the game I realized how uncoordinated I am playing that type of game. I couldn't figure it out. I was totally going backwards on the moves. It was funny - Shannan was kicking both Michael and my butt. It was really rude. :) It was fun just playing the games and laughing. How can you not laugh at each other while making fools of yourself? There was lots and lots of laughs. It was some good times.

We decided to have a nice ham dinner on Christmas night. We invited Grandpa McCoy, Emilie, Grandpa Lindberg and his lady friend Sherri over. We all ate dinner and sat around and visited for a good portion of the night. It was nice to see the grandparents and catch up on what is going on with everyone. It is always fun to see the grandparents - they are so loving and so caring of us. You can just feel their love and warmth.
We had Angie put together a video of the growing up years of the family for Mom Bertram, so while the grandparents were over we wanted to show them the video. We all sat around with each other and watched the family video again for 3rd time. Mom Bertram cried AGAIN and Dad Bertram had to leave the room. He told us he couldn't watch that movie again. I think we did good - the movie seemed to be a treasure item. :) Thanks Angie for doing such an awesome job!
David, Kolton and Grandpa Lindberg watching the family video and Kolton playing with one of his new Christmas presents.

Tricia, Sherri, Grandpa McCoy and Emilie visiting and watching the family video. Grandpa McCoy and Emilie had already seen the movie a little earlier so they were visiting with Sherri some while I was watching the show again and just loving how good it turned out.

Grandpa McCoy and Mom Bertram sitting around and visiting with each other.

Shannan was doing a Relief Society Humanitarian service project for her ward. They were making lap quilts for some old people in a nursing home in Texas. Shannan was trying to crochet this lap quilt and she crocheted it so tight and it was so uneven. It was hilarious! We were laughing at her because of how it looked. Emilie came over to save the day and was helping Shannan make her lap quilt so she could get it made in time. So we have Emilie and Shannan working on crocheting a lap quilt.

Grandpa Lindberg, Tricia and Sherri watching the family video.
Michael had to capture a picture of Mom Bertram crying AGAIN over the video. You know that you did good on a gift when Mom Bertram cries.
Now Christmas morning was a little different for me this year. As I kid we always got up way early! We would be so excited we couldn't wait to get up. Well Michael and I were pretty excited on Christmas morning and we were up at like 6:00 AM - we went out to the front room and visited with Dad Bertram just waiting for the kids to come over. They didn't come and they didn't come and they didn't' come. We kept watching the clock wondering when they were going to come over. We were so excited for them to open their gifts and they didn't' ever seem to come over. They finally did come over around 8:00 or so I think. I can't remember the exact time that they showed up, but it seemed like it took FOREVER for them to come over. I don't know how they could stay in bed so long. I have never been able to stay in bed that long on Christmas morning.
The kids came over and opened the gifts in their stockings and then we had to wait for Mom Bertram to wake up and then we had to make breakfast, eat and clean up before opening any of the other gifts. It was like 11:00 or so before we opened any of the other gifts. All I have to say is these kids are alot more patient then I was. I would have died waiting so long to open all the other gifts, but it was a good idea because it made opening gifts last a lot longer.
Bre wanted to play Santa which meant that she had to pass out all the presents to everyone before she could open any of her gifts. She passed out all the presents and then the opening of gifts began!
We got the girls a basket full of scrapbooking items - I was really excited to give this to them because scrapbooking means so much to me and I wanted to share that with the girls. So Bre and Kaylea were opening up the basket full of scrapbooking fun.
We got the girls a basket full of scrapbooking items - I was really excited to give this to them because scrapbooking means so much to me and I wanted to share that with the girls. So Bre and Kaylea were opening up the basket full of scrapbooking fun.

The girls also got some really cute shirts from Shannan and David. They were pretty excited about these cute new shirts.

Ryan got Michael this really cool tool kit. Michael loves tools so this was the perfect gift! :) Thanks Ryan!

The girls also got some really fun WII games. Some sort of Carnival game and a guitar hero game. Kaylea was so excited as you can tell.

David, Kayea and Kolton digging into the piles of gifts and opening up all kinds of new things.

David passing out some of the gifts from the relatives.

Kolton, Bre and Kayela opening a family gift. They were so nice and all opened it together. I don't think as kids we would have done that. One of us would have had to be the one to open. I was really impressed with the kids and how well they work together on things.

We kept trying to get a picture of Dad Bertram as he was hiding in the back of all the fun with his diet coke.

Shannan just hanging out watching all the fun of the gift opening.

Bre passing out the gifts out to everyone. I think she had just as much fun passing out the gifts as she did opening up the gifts. Its always fun to give.

Here we had just given Mom Bertram a Book of Memories and the Movie. We had Ryan, Shannan and Michael fill out some pages of questions about their growing up years. It is a book full of memories and pictures. So we had a morning full of tears from Mom Bertram. Ryan couldn't be there for Christmas this year and so that was really hard on Mom Bertram and so to see his pictures and answers really brought even more tears. It was fun because we called Ryan when we were getting ready to open the gifts to Mom Bertram so Ryan was there with us as well. It was really nice that he was able to do that and share in the moment and memories.
Kaylea and Kolton watching Mom Bertram opening up her gifts.

The kids got Air Soft Guns for Christmas. They were so excited about it. They had to show them off. They even got eye glasses for protection. Because after all we couldn't let anyone shoot their eye out. We have our own little "Charlies Angels!"



Bre showing off her new awesome safety glasses!!


Bre checking out her stocking full of goodies!

Kaylea showing of some of her new goodies!

Kaylea checking out her stocking full of goodies!

The girls also got some really fun WII games. Some sort of Carnival game and a guitar hero game. Kaylea was so excited as you can tell.

David, Kayea and Kolton digging into the piles of gifts and opening up all kinds of new things.

David passing out some of the gifts from the relatives.

Kolton, Bre and Kayela opening a family gift. They were so nice and all opened it together. I don't think as kids we would have done that. One of us would have had to be the one to open. I was really impressed with the kids and how well they work together on things.

We kept trying to get a picture of Dad Bertram as he was hiding in the back of all the fun with his diet coke.

Shannan just hanging out watching all the fun of the gift opening.

Bre passing out the gifts out to everyone. I think she had just as much fun passing out the gifts as she did opening up the gifts. Its always fun to give.

Here we had just given Mom Bertram a Book of Memories and the Movie. We had Ryan, Shannan and Michael fill out some pages of questions about their growing up years. It is a book full of memories and pictures. So we had a morning full of tears from Mom Bertram. Ryan couldn't be there for Christmas this year and so that was really hard on Mom Bertram and so to see his pictures and answers really brought even more tears. It was fun because we called Ryan when we were getting ready to open the gifts to Mom Bertram so Ryan was there with us as well. It was really nice that he was able to do that and share in the moment and memories.

Kaylea and Kolton watching Mom Bertram opening up her gifts.

The kids got Air Soft Guns for Christmas. They were so excited about it. They had to show them off. They even got eye glasses for protection. Because after all we couldn't let anyone shoot their eye out. We have our own little "Charlies Angels!"

Michael and all his silly little gifts I got him in his stocking. When I went to St. George with my mom and sister over the Deer hunt I found lots of treasures for Michael's stocking. He loves blood and guts so when I was able to find a finger hot dog candy, Chinese Noodles and eyeballs, eyeball sushi and all kinds of other silly candies I couldn't resist. :) He is just a big kid at heart. That is one the of the reasons I love him so much.
The kids were playing with and trying out their new gifts. It was such a fun morning for them.


Bre showing off her new awesome safety glasses!!

Kaylea showing off one of her new WII games. She was so excited she couldn't wait to try it out. Nothing like new fun things to play with.

Bre checking out her stocking full of goodies!

Kaylea showing of some of her new goodies!
Bre showing off her new airsoft gun. Ready to shoot?

Kaylea checking out her stocking full of goodies!
Kolton and Kaylea digging into the stockings of fun.
We got lots of fun presents from Shannan, David, Liz and Ryan. I love scrapbooking and they got me some really cool scrapbooking stuff. Shannan and David got us some gift cards for dinner's and movie tickets. Shannan and Liz also made us this really cute Christmas stocking holder. I loved everything they all did!!! Everyone was so generous and made Christmas great!
This sure was a fun Christmas this year. There was lots of love to be shared and it was awesome to be included in the feeling of love! Thanks everyone for making this such a special Christmas!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment