After the boring stuff with the car the real fun of the day began! After we got the car all done we headed up North to Farr West to go to my favorite store in the whole wide world. SMITH AND EDWARDS! This store is the most amazing store ever - it has EVERYTHING you could even want or imagine. It is just fun to walk up and down the isles to see what kind of stuff they have. They always have the most random stuff, but it is so fun to walk around. Down one of the main isles they have long tables set up with bins full of all kinds of stuff. At one point we were walking down the isle and I had to walk in front of some old man that was looking at an end cap. I walked buy and said "excuse us". The old man looks at me and says "ya right!" He was really, really rude about it. I was like what the heck, I was trying to be nice. It was kinda funny, Michael just looks at me and says, "was he talking to you." It was really funny, we laughed about that for quite awhile. We walked around the store for quite awhile looking at all the cooking utensils and supplies. I love to buy my sprinkles there because you can get a huge big container of them for like $2.00. We then walked over to the candy section (the real reason I love to go there). They have tons and tons of candy. They buy candy in bulk and they will sell the bulk candy by the piece. So there are candies like jawbreakers, jolly ranchers, and tootsie rolls (the smaller candies) that you can buy for like 20 for $1.00 . Then they will have some bigger candies like airheads and licorice ropes for 10 for $1.00. These makes great pinata stuffers and great stocking stuffers. We didn't buy any of these candies, but we did get a bunch of bigger candies and full sized candy bars to play the candy bar game in Arizona when we go for Christmas.
After Smith and Edwards we went to the DI in Ogden to check it out. We love to go to the DI because you can find excellent deals. We started walking around and we found some Dr. Martens (almost new) for Michael for $4.00. Wahoo!!! I love his new shoes they look brand new!! The DI is such a great place and you can find the best deals ever!
After shopping we went to my parents house and my sister came over and we made some Hot Chocolate Santa Cones for her co-workers. We had alot of fun just working on those. My sister and I had alot of fun together laughing and joking around. While we were working on the Santa's Jeff and his family came down to visit on their way to Temple Square to look at the lights. Josh saw that I was working on the Hot chocolate cones and he wanted to come and help me make them. So I let him make one, but this time I just had him make one that was a Ice Cream Cone looking one so we didn't have to worry about gluing any eyes or antlers to make the deer like we have in the past. Well I gave him the ice cream looking cone and he kept point at it telling me it needed eyes. So we let him build another reindeer. It was really cute.
Matthew was so excited that Josh came over and they were playing and having a good time. Matthew loves to play with Josh - he likes his little buddy. It was funny because Jeff had to change Josh's diaper and the next thing we know there is Josh walking around with his pants off and his boots on . It was hilarious!






The boys were just playing around and being crazy. They have lots of fun when they get together. Josh had his reindeer and he wasn't about to put it down. He even picked out the cute nose that we glued to his deer. It turned out really cute. We just had a really fun day! Michael and I love these type of days that we can spend together doing the things that we enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment