We always have enough to be happy if we are enjoying what we do have- and not worrying about what we don't have.

- Ken Keyes

Friday, December 31, 2010

Ring In The New Year

We had a really fun New Years Eve! I must admit that I am getting old....I can't even make it to midnight anymore. What is the deal? :) I used to make fun of my mom all the time because she couldn't ever stay awake and here I am with the same problem. We didn't make it to Midnight, but we sure did have fun until 10:30 PM or so. :)
All of us except for Aaron and his family got together at my parents house for a fun night of games and yummy food. We decided to have taco salad for dinner because it makes ALOT and it is easy and good. We also made a bunch of other finger foods like dips and cheese balls. There was so much food to eat and so much left over. No matter what we always have a ton of food. I don't know why, but it seems like we just keep making more and more because you would rather have left overs than not having enough! :) We just hung out and played games all night and it was so much fun. I love to play games so this was one of my ideal nights. :)
Sadie and Sam playing with a Thomas the Train set. The kids love to play with Thomas the train - this is a toy that keeps the kids entertained for hours.


Me and my cute friend Sadie! I just love Sadie she is so lovable. She is my cuddle bug friend. She is getting so big, she talk so much and is growing up so fast. I just love my little buddy Sadie!

All of us just hanging out and having a good time. Katelyn playing with Sam. Katelyn loves to play with the cute little babies. She is so good with the kiddos.

The kids playing the candy bar game. No party is ever complete until you play the candy bar game. This game is a family tradition of ours and we have to play it every party we have. You buy a bunch of candy bars and place them in the middle of your circle - you pass around the dice and you have to roll either doubles or a 1 or a 6. If you roll one of the selected numbers you get to take a candy bar from the pile. This goes on until the candy is all gone. Once the candy is gone you do a bonus/stealing round. You roll the dice fast and if you roll one of the selected numbers you get to steal a candy from another player. You choose how you want to do this, you can either go around the circle 2 or 3 times or you can have a time limit and time it and when the time is up you are done. Its a way fun game and we love to play it. All the kids love to play the candy bar game.

Just sitting around watching the kids play the candy bar game. The adults didn't play this time just the kiddos.

Tye was totally getting into the candy bar game. Ha ha! Tye isn't big on candy - he likes salt more than candy. But he was a good sport and played anyway.

Me being a cheezer while watching the kids play. I don't know what it is, but whenever someone takes my picture I have to stick my tongue out. I have to really think about it to not stick it out. :)

Alisa, Tye and Trent. I can only imagine what Tye is doing. He is like a farting machine - I am sure he is over there passing on Trent. Trent and Tye like to mess with each other so I am sure Tye is doing something. I can tell my the look on Alisa's face that Tye is being naughty. Then we have Matthew on the floor kicking his stinky feet up and being part of the teasing.

Trent is always making us laugh. He is always doing something crazy. We happened to go in the kitchen and he was in there with a basket on his head and he was singing and dancing for Sadie. He would slap his butt and skip and sing. He is such a spaz. Sadie was just a laughing at her silly daddy. Trent is always good for a laugh and to keep you entertained. Every family has one I think. :)



Sadie being silly like her daddy with the basket on her head too. She likes to be like her daddy.


Alisa and Todd just hanging out and having fun.
Me with one of my famous sticking out the tongue shots. I know I'm way cute! :)

Me and my buddy Tye! We were playing Apples to Apples and I kept bugging Tye. I like to poke him and tickle him because he gets so annoyed at me when I do! But it is one of those things you can't help but do. :)

Courtney and her best friend Sierra. Playing apples to apples. We were all having a great time.

Trent and his awesome basket hat again! I am totally digging the new look.
Cute little Sadie dancing around!

Sam was having fun just walking around and getting into things. He is so little he doesn't look big enough to be walking around. He was being silly he would walk in and out of the kitchen. My mom reached out to pick him up and he came running in my direction. I thought he was running to see me so I put my arms out to him to pick him up. As soon as he got to me he hurried and dropped to his knee's and crawled through my legs and then stood back up. I thought how rude!! He just wanted to be down doing his own thing, he didn't want to be held.

Dad just sitting around playing Apples to Apples.

Jeff and Connie just hanging out playing games!

Katelyn, Courtney and Sierra all just hanging around playing games.

Todd and Alisa - Todd is sure getting into the game. He is concentrating really, really hard.

Mom and dad - we are all having some good times. This Apples to Apples game is a blast and it gets everyone involved.

While we were all playing in the kitchen we could hear the little kids in the front room giggling. We looked in there and they were climbing on the couches and sliding off. They were having so much fun and laughing so hard. Its fun to have little cousins your own age to play with. All the little kids playing around and having fun together.


We all had a fun night together saying goodbye to 2010 and we are looking forward to 2011 for our new adventures! It has been a wonderful year and we are excited for what 2011 is going to bring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment